Sunday, June 14, 2009

summer 2009, quitting?


I am looking forward to my first summer in Chicago, and a few weeks ago, I realized that I had spread myself too thin.

The Music Box needs some more of my time, the Museum is getting to be more of a chore than a joy, and all together I work 70+ hours a week, plus my internship, plus rehearsals, plus class... there is just no more time.

So, I have talked to one of my bosses about taking on a little more at the Music Box so as to get some more revenue for the theatre, get me some more evening time free, and supplement my income that I loose when i quit working at the Museum of Science and Industry.

Although I like MSI, I need to focus on why I moved to chicago and spend more time on this little jewel I found within the Music Box Theatre. This is not why I moved here, but I have to jump into it more while balancing my life and the reasons why I did move here.

So, I quit MSI, wow.

In the last year I have quit three jobs, that;s pretty amazing.

No comments: